Pre-ordering has begun for Thanksgiving turkeys. Click here to place your order.
The Thanksgiving season is upon us, and we have what you need from local turkeys and organic produce, to a wide selection of quality wine and beer for your holiday table. Check out the lists and links below for more information about pre-ordering a local turkey, holiday serving tips, and some of our favorite recipes.
Not interested in cooking? Our hot bar and deli will be offering turkey breast and classic sides during the week leading up to Thanksgiving, and our Bakery Department will be chock full of great desserts from local bakers.
We will also have a variety of organic and conventional turkeys available without a pre-order while supplies last.
How Do I Cook This Thing?
Need some cooking tips? Check out our guide!
Tips for a Holiday to Remember
Thanksgiving gatherings don't need to be elaborate or stressful. We can help you with planning and ingredients, or ready-to-eat holiday meals, pies, and sides. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Set out a tray or two of snacks before the main meal; it's a great way to welcome guests
- Fresh dates served with a spiced, roasted nut mix
- Artisanal cheese tray of local cheeses, with crackers and crostini
- Crispy raw vegetables and a selection of dips, like soft chevre blended with herbs, hummus with a swirl of fresh or prepared pesto, or garlicky aioli
- Meat or veggie paté, sausage bites, cooked shrimp, and smoked fish with spicy mustard sauce and baguette slices
An alternative (or addition) to the traditional pie makes for a memorable ending.
- Homemade brownies topped with mint or vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- A selection of chocolate truffles served with freshly baked cookies
- Warm brie glazed with apricot preserves and sprinkled with toasted pecans or walnuts
How Much Food Will You Need?
These are some general guidelines that will help you plan the correct amount of food to make or purchase:
|per person||groups of ten|
|Entrées||1/2 to 3/4 pound||5-7 pounds|
|Potatoes||1/3 to 1/2 pound||4 pounds|
|Vegetables||1/4 to 1/3 pound||2 1/2 pounds|
|Stuffing||1/3 to 1/2 pound||4 pounds|
|Gravies and Sauces||1/4 cup||2-3 cups|
|Turkey (whole)||1 to 1 1/2 pounds||10-15 pounds|
|Cranberry Relish||2 ounces or 1/8 cup||1 1/2 pounds or 2 cups|
|Snacks/Appetizers||2-4 ounces||2-3 pounds|
|Pie||1 slice||2 9-inch pies|
|Ice Cream||1/2 cup||1/2 gallon|
|Cookies/Bars||2 each||20 total|
Need some inspiration for Thanksgiving? Check out some of our favorite recipes below.