We ♥ Local Food Recipe Contest
Our We ♥ Local Sweet Potatoes Recipe Contest has come to an end and the winners have been crowned! Over 300 votes were cast in both stores and at the Winter Farmers’ Market. Congratulations to Burlington Technical Center Culinary Arts Students for their winning recipe. We would also like to congratulate the two other finalists, Christine Kelley and Rebecca Mulheron and everyone who submitted a recipe this year. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
- 1st Place: $100 gift card to City Market and a prize from Kiss the Cook
- 2nd & 3rd Place: $25 gift card to City Market
The Fine Print
- Recipes can be your own creation or adapted from other sources.
- All submissions must include a detailed ingredients list and directions.
- Recipes can be submitted electronically (see link above) or on paper at the Customer Service Desk (if submitting a hard copy, please include your name and contact info).
- Our panel of judges will vote for their top three recipes. Finalists will be announced by Friday, February 15.
- Entries will be judged based on proportion of local ingredients and the featured ingredient, simplicity and ease of making and serving, taste, health, and originality.
- The three finalist recipes will be sampled in both stores and at the Burlington Winter Farmers’ Market where people will be able to vote for their favorite.
- The top vote earner and runner-ups will be notified about their winnings on Wednesday, February 27.
Need some Sweet Potato inspiration?
Check out our favorite recipes: