City Market's Rigatoni with Pumpkin, Caramelized Onion and Cashew Ricotta
This vegan variation to a cozy classic is sure to warm up your table. A delicious layer of cashew based ricotta coats a familiar combination of rigatoni, spiced pumpkin and caramelized onions! Try it as a side for your holiday meal, or as a dinner all on its own!
1. Cook rigatoni according to instructions on package. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crumble tofu, add cashews, lemon juice, salad oil, garlic, basil, and salt. Mix together and set aside.
3. Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large saute pan. Add onion and saute until they start to turn brown.
4. Add pumpkin and cook until tender but not mushy.
5. Add brown sugar, vegetable stock, cayenne, nutmeg, and sage. Season to taste with salt.
6. Add cooked rigatoni to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into casserole dish.
7. Top the rigatoni and pumpkin mixture with the cashew ricotta and bake in 400F oven until browned.
8. Serve hot!