Vegetable Fried Brown Rice
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: The Ferrisburgh Foragers|
|Prep time||45 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
Looking for the perfect side dish that could also pass as a full meal? This fried rice is the perfect solution.
1. Rinse brown rice and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat to low/medium and cook for 35 minutes. Rinse with cold water when done to stop further cooking. Set Aside.
2. Crack eggs into bowl and whisk. Set aside.
3. Chop all vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Chop garlic and onions and set aside.
5. Heat oil in nonstick or cast iron pan and saute onions and garlic being careful not to burn them. When pan is very hot again, add eggs and scrape pan to cook thoroughly. Add rice when eggs look scrambled and stir. Add vegetables and stir. Add tamari to season and help steam the vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes. Add bean sprouts. Serve with chopped scallion and raddish.