Jalapeño & Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese
|Source||City Market Prepared Foods|
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
Put a spicy twist on the classic mac and cheese!
1) Combine all ingredients, and set aside.
1) Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold water to cool and set aside.
2) In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add minced shallots and sweat 3 minutes, add flour and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
3) Add cream, milk, bay leaves and nutmeg. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching simmer for 5 minutes, until thick.
4) In large bowl combine cooked pasta, warm cream mixture, roasted garlic, jalapeno, cheddar, parmesan, and Romano. Fold gently to combine.
5) Sprinkle with topping and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes.
The ingredients for the base stop after the Cavatappi Pasta and the ingredients for the topping starts at breadcrumbs!
Feel free to experiment and add in additional veggies, like carrots, parsnips, kale, etc.