Honey Road's Summer Fruit Fattoush
Cara Tobin, Executive Chef-Owner of Honey Road
This light, summery salad combines crispy pita bread with grilled peaches, fresh herbs, and the delicious flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean!
1 pita bread (torn into small pieces)
1 cup olive oil, extra virgin (divided)
1 onion, red (finely chopped)
1 lettuce, romaine (chopped)
1 fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
1 bunch dill, fresh (roughly chopped)
1 bunch parsley, flat-leaf (roughly chopped)
1 bunch mint, fresh (roughly chopped)
1 lemon (juice of)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon sumac (plus extra for garnish)
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pita in 1/4 cup olive oil until coated thoroughly. Lay on a baking sheet and toast in the oven about 8 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush lightly with 1/4 cup olive oil and grill 3 minutes on each side. Let cool before dicing into ½ inch chunks.
- For the dressing, combine lemon juice, honey, sumac, remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, pomemgranate molasses and salt and pepper to taste.
- About 5 minutes before serving, combine toasted pita pieces with the other salad ingredients.
- Toss with dressing until everything is combined and well coated.
- Sprinkle a little more sumac on top to garnish.