Curried Butternut Squash Mini Stuffed Shells
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: Woodstock Purple People Eaters|
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
Slightly sweet, a bit spicy, and entirely delicious. This pasta dish combines a multitude of flavors to create an entirely satisfying entree.
Cook the pasta to just until they start to soften. Drain pasta and set aside.
Steam the vegetables:
- Cut the onions and carrots into thin slices.
- Break the caulifloewr into small chunks.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Add squash.
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning to coat.
Prepare the sauce:
- Place coconut milk, water, curry powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a blender. Blend until mixed.
- Pour half of this mixture into the large pot.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the blender and blend until everything is creamy and smooth, add this to a large pot.
- Heat the sauce over low-medium heat. Add the shredded cheese, and stir until it's melted.
Prepare the toppings:
- Place crackers in a zip top plastic bag and crush the crackers with a rolling pin.
- Add cheese and olive oil to the bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Add the sauce to the pasta in the pasta pot and stir until everything is mixed.
- Transfer the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle topping all over the top and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set for a few minutes before serving.