2021 Board of Directors Elections
City Market, Onion River Co-op's Board of Directors consists of nine members, elected from the general Membership. Elections are held annually and Board Members generally serve for a three year term. When a Board Member vacates a seat before the end of their 3-year term, the Board may appoint a new Board Member who will serve until the next election process. This year we have five seats up for election; The three candidates who receive the most votes will be elected for 3-year terms, starting January 2022 and ending December 2024. The candidate with the fourth most votes will be elected to the 2-year term, starting January 2022 and ending December 2023. The candidate with the fifth most votes will be elected to the 1-year term starting January 2022 and ending December 2022.
Applications for candidates interested in running for a seat on the Board are due on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Applications are available below to either print and fill out by hand (printable) or to fill in digitally and either print or save and email (digital).
Voting for Board Members will take place online from Wednesday, October 6 – Wednesday, October 27. Eligible Members will receive detailed information in their mailboxes with instructions on how to cast their online ballots. This page will also be updated with instructions once voting begins on October 6.
If you have any questions during this process, please contact Mae Quilty at 802-861-9753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Market, Onion River Co-op Board of Directors' candidates must:
- Be a City Market, Onion River Co-op Member in good standing. Any household member wanting to run for the Board must purchase Equity under their own Membership by September 1, 2021.
- Be 18 years of age as of September 1, 2021.
- State all potential conflicts of interest on the application and must not have an overriding conflict of interest.
In an effort to better educate new candidates about Board work, including the time commitment involved and the associated responsibilities, the Board has created a list of optional preparedness activities. The checklist is as follows:
Attend an Orientation with Michael Healy. Michael Healy is a Co-op Member, our Board Facilitator and a consultant with CDS Consulting Co-op. We have scheduled three orientations at City Market this summer to be conducted through Microsoft Teams video call:
- Monday, July 26, 4:30 - 5:30pm - CANCELLED
- Tuesday, August 10, 5:00 – 6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 25, 6:00 – 7:00pm
To attend one of these sessions, please RSVP at least 48 hours in advance to Mae Quilty using the contact information at the bottom of the application. If you RSVP and then need to cancel, please let Mae know.
- Read suggested materials on Policy Governance. If you would prefer printed versions, please contact Mae using the information at the bottom of the application.
- Review a Board packet from a prior meeting. City Market’s Board packets are reading materials that each Board Member receives prior to each meeting. Each Board Member reads the packet in order to be prepared to fully participate in the monthly Board meeting. You can find a sample Board packet here.
Attend a Board meeting. There are three opportunities to attend Board meetings through the Microsoft Teams video call platform before the Wednesday, September 1st Board Candidate Application deadline. Please RSVP to Mae Quilty (using the contact information at the bottom of the application) prior to the meeting. Mae will provide directions for accessing the meeting remotely.
- Monday, June 28, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Monday, July 26, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Monday, August 23, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Talk with a current Board Member. This will give you a Board Member’s perspective of the Co-op’s governance process. Board Members will be available during the orientation sessions with Michael Healy (see above). Otherwise, please use the contact information on our Board webpage to get in touch with a Board Member directly.
Incumbent. If you’re a current Board Member running for your next term, you’ve already done all of the above items. We’ll make sure to note that in the Elections materials.
Thank you for casting your vote in October and participating in Co-op Governance!