For the Tipsy Pickle Hummus:
1. Combine chick peas, pickle brine, mustard, maple syrup, and salt in a food processor. Process until you have a thick, creamy hummus. Add a drizzle or more of olive oil if needed to help bring it together.
2. Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl.
3. Garnish with chopped pickles and mustard seeds from the pickle jar.
For the Tipsy Quick-Pickled Red Onions
1. Slice the onion into thin rounds and add them to a pot.
2. Add the pickle brine to the onions, then add additional apple cider vinegar just until the onions are barely submerged.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions are pickled and tender.
4. Drain the onions in a strainer, then cool completely.
For the Snack Board
Assemble the Tipsy Pickles, Tipsy Pickle Hummus, and Quick-Pickled Red Onions on a snack board alongside your favorite salty and sweet snacks.
Photo courtesy of The Rogue Brussel Sprout.