Stuffed Pancake Panini
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: Team TRRFCC|
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
If you ever needed an excuse to spice up your traditional pancakes, this is it. Fresh apples and crisp pancakes make this a delightful breakfast treat.
1 1/2 cupflour, whole wheat (King Arthur, if possible)
3 1/2 teaspoonsbaking powder
1 1/2 cupmilk
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
3 tablespoonsbutter (melted)
6apple (large )
8 tablespoonscream cheese
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together (leave out the cinnamon)
- Add milk, egg, and melted butter to dry ingredients.
- Heat a non stick pan to medium-high, spary with cooking spray and cook 1/4 cup pancake mixture. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Press cooked pancakes in a panini pan.
- Core, peal, and slice apples.
- In a small pan, combine apples, cinnamon, and enough water to cover the apples halfway.
- Cook apples until heated through (not mushy). Set aside.
- Choose consistent sized pancakes to pair up.
- On each pair, smear 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each pancake.
- Arrange 5 apple slices in a pinwheel fashion on top of the cream cheese of one of the pancakes.
- Place the other pancake on top, cream cheese down.
- Cut into quarters and serve with maple syrup.