Honey Road's Red Pepper Pitas
Cara Tobin, Executive Chef-Owner of Honey Road
Charring red peppers on the grill helps remove their skins and concentrate their sweetness for this delicious summery appetizer!
3 bell pepper, red
1 bunch scallions
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon mint, dried
1 lemon (juice of)
1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Roast the peppers on the grill until blistered. Place in a bowl and cover. Let cool.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel the skin and discard.
- Remove the seeds and set aside the flesh.
- Toss the scallions with olive oil and grill until soft.
- Finely chop the peppers and scallions and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer on a pita. Grill the pita on a low heat, plain side down until warm.
- Serve while warm.