Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS)
COTS is Vermont’s largest provider of shelter and services to those who are homeless or marginally housed. Their programs include three emergency shelters, two overflow shelters, a daytime drop-in center for adults, Veterans Housing, a Housing Resource Center, social services, and housing for people who have moved out of shelter or who are disabled.
The following is a list of our ongoing opportunities:
- Snack Program volunteers
- Playroom volunteers
- Book Buddy volunteers
- Garden volunteers*
- Daystation lunch volunteers
- Front desk volunteers
- Special events
For more information, go to: http://cotsonline.org/get-involved/volunteer/
*Seasonal, specific details will be added when volunteers are needed
**CURRENT OPPORTUNITY** -- Online Acitivity and Opportunity to earn hours for COTS WALK-A-THON!
Please feel free to email RomyT@cotsonline.org if you have any questions!
This year COTS mobilized walkers virtually, and there are many ways for Member Workers to earn hours for participating! Earn hours by:
1. Registering for the COTS Walk
2. Participating in daily online activities
3. Helping Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS) amplify our voice
Register for the COTS Walk, help COTS amplify our voice, and participate in daily activities! These are outlined below.
Each opportunity is explained thoroughly on the Corresponding Google Doc.
* Earn ONE HOUR * by registering for the COTS WALK (it is free and fast). There is no obligation to fundraise as a Member Worker, but there is an opportunity to receive a t-shirt. Register as an individual here, or join a team here.
*Earn ONE HOUR * by adding our COTS Facebook frame your Facebook profile photo.
* Earn ONE HOUR * by sharing social media posts shown on the Google Doc. You can earn up to 5 hours, doing up to 5 different posts (1 of each POST #) on Facebook OR Instagram. You must tag us @COTSVT on Instagram and @Committee on Temporary Shelter on Facebook. You must also use the hashtag #COTSwalk
email@example.com or (802)864-7402 ext. 207