2020 Board of Directors Elections
City Market, Onion River Co-op's Board of Directors consists of nine members, elected from the general Membership. Elections are held annually and Directors serve for a term of three years. The three candidates who receive the most votes will be elected for 3 year terms, starting January 2021 and ending December 2023.
Applications for candidates interested in running for a seat on the Board for the 2021-2023 term are due on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Applications are available below to either print and fill out by hand (printable) or to fill in digitally and either print or save and email (digital).
Voting for Board Members will take place online from Thursday, October 1 – Wednesday, October 21. Eligible Members will receive detailed information in their mailboxes with instructions on how to cast their online ballots. This page will also be updated with instructions once voting begins on October 1.
If you have any questions during this process, please contact Caroline Aubry at 802-861-9707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Market, Onion River Co-op Board of Directors' candidates must:
- Be a City Market, Onion River Co-op Member in good standing. Any household member wanting to run for the Board must purchase Equity under their own Membership by September 1, 2020.
- Be 18 years of age as of September 1, 2020.
- State all potential conflicts of interest on the application and must not have an overriding conflict of interest.
In an effort to better educate new candidates about Board work, including the time commitment involved and the associated responsibilities, the Board has created a list of optional preparedness activities. The checklist is as follows:
- Attend an Orientation with Michael Healy. Michael Healy is a Co-op Member, our Board Facilitator and a consultant with CDS Consulting Co-op. We have scheduled three orientations at City Market this summer to be conducted through remote video call:
Monday, July 27, 4:30 - 5:30pm
Wednesday, August 12, 6-7pm
Tuesday, August 25, 6-7pm
To attend one of these sessions, please RSVP at least 48 hours in advance to Caroline Aubry using the contact information at the bottom of the application. If you RSVP and then need to cancel, please let Caroline know.
- Read suggested materials on Policy Governance. If you would prefer printed versions, please contact Caroline using the information at the bottom of the application.
Review a Board packet from a prior meeting. City Market’s Board packets are reading materials that each Board Member receives prior to each meeting. Each Board Member reads the packet in order to be prepared to fully participate in the monthly Board meeting. You can find a sample Board packet here.
- Attend a Board meeting. There are three opportunities to attend Board meetings through the remote video call platform before the Tuesday, September 1st Board Candidate Application deadline. Please RSVP to Caroline Aubry (using the contact information at the bottom of the application) prior to the meeting. Caroline will provide directions for accessing the meeting remotely
Monday, June 22, 6pm – 8:30pm
Monday, July 27, 6pm – 8:30pm
Monday, August 24, 6pm – 8:30pm
Talk with a current Board Member. This will give you a Board Member’s perspective of the Co-op’s governance process. Board Members will be available during the orientation sessions with Michael Healy (see above). Otherwise, please use the contact information on our Board webpage to get in touch with a Board Member directly.
- Incumbent. If you’re a current Board Member running for your next term, you’ve already done all of the above items. We’ll make sure to note that in the Elections materials.
Thank you for casting your vote in October and participating in Co-op Governance!