2017 Board of Directors Elections
Please note: in the printed mailer sent to Members, we mistakenly spelled Ethan Alden-Danforth's name incorrectly. We apologize for this error.
Our Board of Directors consists of nine members elected from the general Membership. Elections are held annually and Directors serve for a term of three years.
Applications for candidates interested in running for a seat on the Board for the 2018-2020 term were due on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Now it's time to vote.
Voting is easy!
The voting period runs from Sunday, October 1 through Saturday, October 21.
1. Visit citymarket.simplyvoting.com
2. Log in
Your username is your Member number. If you are using the Member number from the back of your Member card, remember to only use the last 4 or 5 digits after the zeroes and drop the final digit (if separate from the other numbers) as it’s just a “check digit”.
Your password is the first initial of your first name and your entire last name (all in lowercase). If your last name is hyphenated or includes an apostrophe, please leave them out. For example, if your name was “Co-op Member-Worker”, your password would be “cmemberworker.”
3. Vote for Up to 3 Candidates
Once you’ve completed voting, you will be issued a confirmation receipt from the Simply Voting system.
Candidates will be chosen by simple majority, so the 3 candidates receiving the most votes will be elected. The winning candidates will be elected for 3 year terms, starting January 2018 and ending December 2020.
If you have any questions about voting, please contact:
Please note: Your Membership must be active and your equity current in order to vote for Board Members
Voting is now open!
Meet the Candidates
City Market, Onion River Co-op Board of Directors' candidates must:
- Be a City Market/Onion River Co-op Member in good standing. Any household member wanting to run for the Board must purchase Equity under their own Membership by September 5, 2017.
- Be 18 years of age as of September 5, 2017.
- State all potential conflicts of interest on application and must not have an overriding conflict of interest.
In an effort to better educate new candidates about Board work, the Board asked candidates to complete a list of optional preparedness activities. The color coded onions corresponding to the preparedness activities each candidate completed appear under the candidates name. Current Board Members are listed as incumbents. The checklist of activities is as follows:
- Attended an orientation (blue onion)
- Read materials related to Policy Governance (yellow onion)
- Reviewed a Board packet from a prior meeting (purple onion)
- Attended a Board meeting (red onion)
- Talked with a current Board Member (black onion)
Thank you for participating in Co-op governance!