Local Motion is a non-profit organization that works to make biking and walking a way of life across Vermont as part of an effort to create healthier and more sustainable Vermont communities.
- Operate the Island Line Bike Ferry connecting the Colchester Causeway to the Hero Islands.
- Work at the local and state level to advocate for better roads and trails for biking and walking
- Teach bike skills training programs for children and adults
- Work with VTrans, DMV, and law enforcement to improve safety on the road for everyone
- Operate Valet Bike Parking that provides safe, secure, and free bike parking at events encouraging people to choose a bike as a more fun, healthy, and environmentally sound mode of transportation
- Operate a Trailside Center on the Burlington waterfront providing bike rentals and maps to locals and visitors
Local Motion is busiest May through October when they are looking for volunteers to help with Ferry operations, Valet Bike Parking, and Learn-to-Ride classes. However, there are numerous opportunities throughout the colder months as well, including data entry, general office volunteer work, and prepping for the coming season.
Learn more here: www.localmotion.org/about/volunteers
For more information, please contact Laurie Keve at email@example.com.