Class Registration & Information
Our food and wellness education classes are great places to learn. Most involve samples, handouts, and materials to take home. Our low class fees help cover these materials as well as compensate our excellent instructors.
- Most of our classes are best suited for adults. If you would like to sign someone up who is younger than 16, please email email@example.com before registering.
- In order for our classes to run smoothly, it is important that they begin on time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to a class, you may not be admitted.
- If you have dietary restrictions or allergies and have questions about meals being prepared in a particular class, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration to see if accomodations are possible.
- If you have a free class coupon, this may be redeemed for a regularly priced class up to $10.
- For classes held in our Community Teaching Kitchen, closed-toed shoes must be worn.
- Class fees vary and will be listed in each class description.
- Our Pennywise Pantry Tours, Herbal Clinics, and various other classes each month are free.
- Most Food Education and Herbal Education classes are $5 for City Market members and $10 for non-members.
Three Ways to Register and Pay for Classes
- Online: Begin by browsing the classes offered, then follow the instructions for registration. Credit card only.
- Phone: Call our Customer Service Desk at 802-861-9701. Credit card only.
- In Person: Through our Customer Service desk. Cash, check or credit card accepted.
We don’t want to have people turned away from our classes for lack of funds. Customers may inquire about a scholarship by contacting Mae in Community Engagement at 861-9753 or email@example.com.
Cancellations and Refunds
- We can issue a full refund if you cancel your spot at least 7 days prior to a class. A refund is not available if you cancel less than 7 days prior to a class.
- Even if class registration is free, please let us know 7 days prior to a class if you are unable to attend so we can release your ticket to someone on the waitlist.
- If we cancel a class, we will issue a refund to all participants.
- If you paid online and need to cancel their registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are cancelling at least 7 days prior to a class, a full refund will be issued back to your credit card.
- If paid by cash or check at our Customer Service desk, please stop by with a copy of your receipt.
- If you have questions about a refund, please call City Market and speak to a staff person in Community Engagement or email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will your next schedule of classes be available?
Our website will always have the most up-to-date information. City Market features upcoming classes twice a month via email. Sign up to receive our e-newsletter »
Can I register and pay for a class in-person at City Market?
Yes! Stop by our Customer Service desk anytime and someone will help you get signed up. You may also use the computer kiosk located by our Customer Services desk.
How do I know if my online registration was successful?
You'll receive an email confirmation when you register for a class and a reminder email prior to a class. If you do not receive an email or are unsure, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I'm on a waiting list, when will I know if I get into the class?
We call or email the first person on the waiting list as soon as we know a spot has become available. If you have not received a call or email, the class is still full.
The online registration system says ‘sold out’. How do I add my name to the waiting list?
The ‘sold out’ information appears only if the waiting list is also completely full. We will do our best to offer the class, or a similar class, again in the future.
What is your refund policy if I have to cancel?
We can issue a full refund if you cancel your spot at least 7 days prior to a class. A refund is not available if you cancel less than 7 days prior to a class.
Can I go to a full class hoping that someone will not show up?
Please do not. Unfortunately, we can't know if someone is not going to attend at all or if they are simply running late.
Where should I park?
For classes held at City Market Downtown, parking in our lot is not available. The city lot off South Winooski Ave is a great option for 2 hours of free parking. For classes held in our South End store, you may park in the lot or on Flynn Avenue.
I work for a school or student group and we have a group of people interested in signing up for a class listed on your monthly calendar. Should I register the whole group online?
We kindly request that if you have a group of 5 or more students that you'd like to sign up to attend an already scheduled community class, please contact our Outreach and Education Manager, Mae Quilty, at email@example.com. In many cases, we can work with your student group to set up a private class on the same topic.
I want to teach a class for City Market! Who should I talk to?
Thanks so much for your interest in teaching! Please contact Mae at firstname.lastname@example.org.