We ♥ Local Beets Recipe Competition
February 2-15, 2015
We’re all about the beans this winter – local beans, that is! Get creative with these protein-packed powerhouses and you could win fabulous prizes! Enter your sweet or savory local bean recipe online between February 2-15 for your chance to win. The top 3 recipes will be sampled and voted on at the Burlington Winter Farmers’ Market on February 28.
How to Enter
Sometime between February 2-15, enter your recipe information online or by dropping off a copy at the Customer Service Desk. Recipes can be either sweet or savory. The only requirements are that beans play a significant role in your recipe and that you use one or more of the following local varieties:
King of the Early, Yellow Eye, Marfax, Jacobs Cattle, Tigers Eye
Not familiar with these beans? Need some bean-spiration? You’re in luck! We’ve experimented with all of these varieties and offer up these tasting notes, cooking tips and recipe ideas on our blog.
- 1st Place: $100 gift card to City Market and Le Creuset Stoneware Bean Pot from Kiss the Cook
- 2nd & 3rd Place: $25 gift card to City Market
- All entrants receive a Jay Peak voucher and an entry in our chocolate giveaway (details coming soon!)
The Fine Print
- Recipes can be your own creation or adapted from other sources
- All submissions must include a detailed ingredients list and directions
- Recipes can be submitted electronically at www.citymarket.coop/we-heart-local-food or on paper at the Customer Service Desk
- Our panel of judges will vote for their top three favorites
- The three finalist recipes will be sampled at the Burlington Winter Farmers’ Market on Saturday, February 28 where people will be able to vote for their favorite
- The top vote getter and runner-ups will be notified about their winnings on Monday, March 2.