We ♥ Local Food Recipe Contest
Our We ♥ Local Butternut Squash Recipe Contest has come to an end and the winner has been crowned! After sampling and voting on all three finalists’ recipes in both stores and at the Winter Farmers’ Market, the verdict is in. Congratulations to Kids’ Club member, Rustum Zia for his winning recipe, Butternut Squash Fudge Cake! We would also like to congratulate the two other finalists, Peter Burns and Robin Turnau and everyone who submitted a recipe this year. You can find all three finalists’ recipes below. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
We ♥ Local Recipe Winner:
Sometime between now and February 11, enter your recipe information online (see below for the fine print) or by dropping off a copy at the Customer Service Desk. Recipes can be sweet or savory. The only requirements are that local butternut squash plays a significant role in your recipe.
- 1st Place: $100 gift card to City Market and a Le Creuset 8 quart Stock Pot and apron from Kiss the Cook
- 2nd & 3rd Place: $25 gift card to City Market
The Fine Print
- Recipes can be your own creation or adapted from other sources.
- All submissions must include a detailed ingredients list and directions.
- Recipes can be submitted electronically (see link above) or on paper at the Customer Service Desk (if submitting a hard copy, please include your name and contact info).
- Our panel of judges will vote for their top three recipes. Finalists will be announced by Thursday, February 15.
- Entries will be judged based on proportion of local ingredients and the featured ingredient, simplicity and ease of making and serving, taste, health, and originality.
- The three finalist recipes will be sampled in both stores and at the Burlington Winter Farmers’ Market where people will be able to vote for their favorite.
- The top vote earner and runner-ups will be notified about their winnings on Wednesday, February 28.
Need some Butternut Squash inspiration?
Check out our Pinterest board below!