We ♥ Local Food Recipe Contest
It’s that time of year again! Our annual We ♥ Local Food Recipe Contest is now underway. This year, we’ve chosen Butternut Squash as our featured ingredient and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! These hearty squash are the perfect staple for a Vermont winter. Roast them up as a side or puree into soup. You can even sneak them into hummus and baked goods. The possibilities are endless! Join us in-store or at the Winter Farmers’ Market to sample and vote on the top 3 recipes!
The Three Finalist
The public will have a chance to sample and vote for their favorite to determine the winner!
Friday, February 23rd: 11am-2pm In-store Sampling & Voting, South End Store
Saturday, February 24th: 11am-2pm In-store Sampling & Voting, Downtown Store
Saturday, February 24th: 10am-2pm Winter Farmers’ Market Sampling & Voting at UVM Davis Center
Sometime between now and February 11, enter your recipe information online (see below for the fine print) or by dropping off a copy at the Customer Service Desk. Recipes can be sweet or savory. The only requirements are that local butternut squash plays a significant role in your recipe.
- 1st Place: $100 gift card to City Market and a Le Creuset 8 quart Stock Pot and apron from Kiss the Cook
- 2nd & 3rd Place: $25 gift card to City Market
The Fine Print
- Recipes can be your own creation or adapted from other sources.
- All submissions must include a detailed ingredients list and directions.
- Recipes can be submitted electronically (see link above) or on paper at the Customer Service Desk (if submitting a hard copy, please include your name and contact info).
- Our panel of judges will vote for their top three recipes. Finalists will be announced by Thursday, February 15.
- Entries will be judged based on proportion of local ingredients and the featured ingredient, simplicity and ease of making and serving, taste, health, and originality.
- The three finalist recipes will be sampled in both stores and at the Burlington Winter Farmers’ Market where people will be able to vote for their favorite.
- The top vote earner and runner-ups will be notified about their winnings on Wednesday, February 28.
Need some Butternut Squash inspiration?
Check out our Pinterest board below!