COTS Tree Sale
SOLD OUT! All trees have been sold. Thank you all for supporting COTS this year!
Please note that the COTS Trees are only available at our Downtown Location!
This year marks our 20th Annual COTS Tree Sale! Sales will start on Wednesday, November 29 and continue until all the trees are sold (usually a week or less). All trees are $35 and will be sold from 7am to 11pm, while supplies last. Thank you for your continued support of such a wonderful organization, and a huge thank you to our amazing Member Workers and Gail, our Tree Diva!
The Committee on Temporary Shelter provides emergency shelter, services, and housing for people who are homeless or marginally housed in Vermont. COTS advocates for long term solutions to end homelessness.
A successful tree sale takes dozens and dozens of volunteers to tie trees to cars, unload trees on delivery days, and assist customers. If you are a City Market Member Worker (who has already attended a Member Worker orientation), you will receive credit for your volunteer hours.
Make your own paper snowflake to hang on your COTS Tree! Download and print out this activity sheet to get started.
According to COTS:
- $20 covers food and a night of emergency shelter for an adult at the Waystation.
- The Daystation, a daytime emergency shelter, is seeing an average of 35 people per day.
- $50 pays for two new backpacks and school supplies for two children in their family shelters.
- Provded service to 125 familes, some of whom were also in shelter
- In the past year, 48 families stayed at the Main Street or Firehouse family shelters, including 75 children.
After the 2016 sale, City Market staff presented a check totaling $11,500 to COTS Director of Development & Communications, Becky Holt. The annual tree sale to benefit COTS has been held at the Co-op for the past 19 years, bringing the total donation to over $126,000. If you missed the tree sale and would like to donate to COTS, please visit them online at www.COTSonline.org/how-you-can-help.