Run for the Border Quesadilla
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: JAADE's Quack Pack|
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Need a vegetarian quesadilla that will fill you up and taste amazing? You've come to the right place. The fresh taste of the rice and vegetable filling combined with the explosion of flavor from the secret sauce put this quesadilla in a league of its own.
1. Bring 4 cups of vegetable broth to a boil and add the rice. Reduce to a simmer for 45-50 minutes.
2. Heat 4 Tbsp oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, carrot, parsnip and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, corn, broccoli, and fire roasted tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in taco seasoning and salt and pepper.
3. When rice is tender add it to the vegetable mixture.
JAADE's Secret Sauce Directions
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stir 4 Tbsp oil with flour, cumin, garlic, chili powder, and Mexican Seasoning. Slowly add the vegetable broth until heated and the stir in buttermilk. Continue cooking over medium low heat until it begins to thicken. Slowly add the cornstarch slurry and stir until it begins to thicken.
2. Mix sour cream with zest of lime and lime juice
3. Add ½ cup of Secret sauce to the sour cream mixture.
4. Put on squeeze bottles
1. On ½ of tortilla sprinkle with cheese. Spread 1/3 cup of rice mixture and then sprinkle the top with cheese. Fold tortilla over.
2. Fry in hot skillet until golden on both sides.
3. Cut in quarters and drizzle with the Secret Sauces.