Gluten-Free Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna
|Source||Recipe from: http://newhope360.com/food/gluten-free-spinach-and-artichoke-lasagna|
|Prep time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||2 hours|
Enjoy this lasagna recipe made with gluten-free noodles.
1. Preheat oven to 400˚. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water; then lay noodles on a wet baking sheet to keep soft while continuing recipe.
2. Place unpeeled garlic cloves in a dry, medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium-high. Cook garlic until bottom of each clove turns dark brown, about 4 minutes. Turn cloves and cook until other sides are brown, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Using the same pan, turn heat to medium-low. Add spinach and any water clinging to it. Cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove spinach with tongs and spread on a plate to cool. Discard any liquid from pan.
4. Place artichokes and broth in pan. Bring to a boil; then cover and simmer over low heat for 6–8 minutes, until very tender. Remove from heat.
5. While artichokes cook, squeeze water from cooled spinach; then pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. Add ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse again. Add egg white, and pulse again. Remove mixture to a small bowl; rinse processor bowl. Peel garlic; then add to processor along with artichokes and broth. Process until smooth. Add salt to taste, if desired.
6. Spray an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Trim noodles to fit dish, reserving all noodle pieces. Spread a small amount of artichoke sauce on bottom of dish. Top with three longer lasagna noodles, half the ricotta mixture, 1/3 cup mozzarella, and 1/3 of remaining artichoke sauce. Cover with the short noodle pieces, followed by remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 cup mozzarella, and half remaining artichoke sauce. Top with remaining three noodles, remaining artichoke sauce, and mozzarella. Bake on lower-middle oven rack for 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with optional parsley, and serve