Broccoli Pesto Torticotti with White Bean Salsa
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: #29 JEAPs|
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
A big twist on a traditional manicotti recipe, this is sure to entice all of your friends.
1onion (large, diced)
4 clovesgarlic (minced)
1 canbeans, white kidney (drained and rinsed)
2 quartsbroccoli (chopped)
1 cupcheese, feta
1 cupolive oil
1lemon (zest and juice of)
1 cupcheese, cheddar (shredded)
1 packagetortilla (8" size)
1Swiss chard (large head)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the leek, onion, garlic, and tomatoes by chopping into small pieces and set them aside individualy. Chop the swiss chard in large pieces and set aside as well.
- Cut the stem off broccoli and cut into small pieces. Steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes until softened but still bright green. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For Salsa: Combine chopped tomatoes, 3 Tbsp chopped onion, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 1/2 cup kidney beans, 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, and 1 Tbsp chopped leeks. Stir and set aside.
- For Pesto: Combine the cooked broccoli, 1/2 cup feta cheese, 3/4 cup olive oil, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a food processor and mix to combine well. Set aside.
- Lay tortillas on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread brocolli pesto on half of each tortilla. Add 1 Tbsp feta and 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar on top of pesto. Sprinkle with chopped chard and fold tortilla in half.
- Cook tortillas for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.
- Cut tortillas in half or quarters and plate tortillas with salsa on the side.