Beet Cups with Egg Frittatas
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: Wildcat Chefs|
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||45 minutes|
These delicious mini quiche-esque snacks will add a little dazzle to any breakfast. Perfect for a brunch appetizer as well.
1/2 cuprice, brown
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1/2 cuponion (chopped)
2 1/2 cupsbeet (shredded)
1/2 cupceleriac (shredded)
1 cupcarrot (shredded)
1/8 cupparsley, fresh (chopped)
1 clovegarlic (minced)
1 teaspoonsoy sauce
1/2 cupcheese, parmesan (grated)
1/4 cupflour, whole wheat
5 cupskale (shredded (For Frittatas))
12 ouncesmushrooms (cleaned and chopped)
1onion (medium, chopped)
2 teaspoonsolive oil
1/2 cupcottage cheese (low fat)
3/4 cupcheese, feta (herb & garlic)
1 cupcheese, pepper jack (grated)
2 tablespoonsstock, chicken
1/2 teaspoonsalt, seasoned
- Boil water and prepare rice.
- Put muffin papers in muffin tin.
- Chop Onions.
- Saute Onions in oil until clear (5-8 minutes)
- Shred beets, celeriac, carrots.
- Chop parsley.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Press a thin layer of the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Heat a skillet adding olive oil.
- Saute mushrooms and onions (until clear)
- Turn skillet down and add chicken stock and kale.
- Cook until kale is limp.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and add the cottage cheese, feta, and pepper-jack cheese.
- Add onion mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Remove beet cups from oven and fill will egg mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until set
- Serve hot with dollop of sour cream.