Thanksgiving Turkeys at the Co-op
Get your fresh, local turkey from City Market with the same great prices as last year, starting as low as $2.99/lb! We carry a variety of options from Stonewood Farm in Orwell, Misty Knoll in New Haven, Tangletown Farm in West Glover, and Maple Wind Farm in Huntington.
When you pick up your fresh, local turkey, you'll receive a coupon for $2 off your turkey and, like last year, you'll receive a voucher good for a 2-for-1 lift ticket at Jay Peak!
We also have a variety of non-local turkeys available in our Meat and Seafood Department, both conventional and organic.
Pre-Ordered Turkey Pick-Up Info:
- Stonewood Farm: Sunday, November 23 - Wednesday, November 26
- Misty Knoll: Tuesday, November 25 - Wednesday, November 26
- Tangletown Farm: Tuesday, November 25 - Wednesday, November 26
- Maple Wind Farm: Sunday, November 23 - Wednesday, November 26
For your convenience, our Meat & Seafood counter has extended its hours on Monday, November 24 - Wednesday, November 26 to be open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (the counter is open 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Sunday; store is closed on Thanksgiving Day).
If you would like to order a turkey for pick-up prior to the dates listed above, please call 861-9705.
The pre-order deadlines for fresh, Vermont turkeys are:
- Stonewood Farm: Sunday, November 16
- Misty Knoll: Tuesday, November 18
- Tangletown Farm: Tuesday, November 18 or while supplies last
- Maple Wind Farm: Sunday, November 16 or while supplies last
If you have questions about a turkey you ordered or the further availability of fresh, local turkeys for the holiday, please call our Meat & Seafood Department at 861-9705.
- Stonewood Farm (fresh, antibiotic-free): $2.99/lb
- Misty Knoll (fresh, free-range, antibiotic-free): $3.49/lb
- Tangletown Farm (fresh, pasture-raised, antibiotic-free): $4.19/lb
- Maple Wind Farm (fresh, pasture-raised, certified organic): $4.99/lb
Misty Knoll - Pre-orders have ended
Tangletown Farm - Pre-orders have ended
Maple Wind Farm - Pre-orders have ended
Stonewood Farm - Pre-orders have ended
For questions about turkey orders, please call the Meat & Seafood department: 861-9705.
Want to learn more about the turkeys we are offering? Check out this 2012 guide to learn more about Stonewood Farm, Misty Knoll Farm, and Tangletown Farm, or read our Turkey Brochure. Also, if you want to try Maple Wind Farm turkey, stop by Wednesday, November 12 between 3:30pm and 6:00pm. Beth Whiting from Maple Wind Farm will be handing out samples and answering questions.
Turkey Cooking Tips:
Use this guide to learn how to thaw, brine, and roast your turkey. We also include ideas on using local vegetables in your side dishes and a recipe for turkey soup!
Figure out how much food to prepare for your guests, see some holiday tips, and check out some of our favorite recipes by clicking below!