Spicy, Chipolte Black Bean Sliders
|Source||Jr Iron Chef Vermont: Country Girls|
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
These sweet and spicy sliders will make you think, who needs beef anyway?! The flavor combination of the spicy black been burger and the sweet apple salsa will make your mouth water.
(Ingredients following and including 4 tablespoons butter (excluding the rolls and cheese) are used to make the salsa)
1. Slightly mash black beans, then add refried beans and egg. Mix until smooth.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and combine well.
3. From burgers into 12 patties; set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Coat with olive oil.
5. Add burgers to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until warmed
through and lightly browned. Set aside until ready to assemble sliders.
1. Melt 2 tbsp. of the butter in a frying pan. Add the onions and cook on
medium heat until the onions are translucent and tender; about 5 minutes.
2. Add the apples and maple syrup and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove
from the pan and set aside.
*adapted from North Country Jr. Iron Chef recipe