Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Muffins
|Source||Recipe from Abby Knapp and Matt Tucker, From the Ground Up Bakery|
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
These sweet potato muffins are not too sweet and have great texture from the whole grains. The recipe was taught in a City Market class on gluten-free baking.
1) Preheat the oven to 350º.
2) If you are making the sweet potato puree from scratch, slice the sweet potatoes into wedges ¼” thick. Coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil in a bowl and season with a little bit of salt. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool and puree in a food processor by slowly adding two tablespoons of water or more until the mixture blends easily.
3) Mix the puree with the other wet ingredients.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add this into the wet mixture and stir well or use a hand blender.
5) Spoon out into regular-sized muffin tins, filling the cups about ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark on the outside and a knife comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool.