Gluten-Free Boston Baked Beans
|Source||Recipe from: http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/easy-gluten-free-boston-baked-beans.html|
|Prep time||4 hours|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||4 hours, 30 minutes|
Don't miss out a barbeque favorite, make them without gluten!
These beans can be made in an oven or in a slow cooker, basically following the same instructions.
1. If using an oven set to 250 degrees. In a large casserole dish (or your slow cooker), layer beans with the onions and uncooked bacon.
2. In a small saucepan whisk together the sauce ingredients over low heat until they are warmed through and mixed together.
3. Pour the sauce over the baked beans. Add just enough water to cover the beans -- don't overdo the water.
4. Cover the casserole dish with foil or a lid.
5. If using the oven: cook beans for 3-4 hours at 250 degrees. Check periodically to see if you need add a little water if the beans get too dry. If using the slow cooker, cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.