Members of City Market, Onion River Co-op receive a 7% discount for two hours of volunteer time and a 12% discount for four hours of volunteer time. Discounts begin the first of the following month after you volunteer and are not available on alcohol, newspapers or stamps.
1. Sign up for a Member Worker Orientation:
All Member Workers must attend an orientation and be at least 16 years old before participating in City Market's Member Worker Program. Click on the link below and you will be re-directed to Eventbrite.
2. Sign up for Member Work (only after you have attended an Orientation):
To sign up for work outside of the store, check out our Community Outreach Partners page and contact the organization directly.
For in-store work, click on the links below and you will be re-directed to VolunteerSpot. To do Member Work in Bulk, Grocery or Produce, you must first sign up for a one-hour training. For information on how to use the online sign up system, go here.
- When doing in-store Member Work, you must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Parking in the City Market lot is not available for those attending orientation or completing Member Work. If needed, please use the free 2-hour parking available at the Burlington City parking garages, located on Bank Street and Cherry Street.
- You will receive an email confirming your in-store shift, which will allow you to cancel if necessary. Please cancel shifts or trainings at least 24 hours in advance through the website or by calling Liz at 802-861-9707.
- Member Worker Program Guidelines are available here.