Members of City Market, Onion River Co-op receive a 7% discount for two hours of volunteer time and a 12% discount for four hours of volunteer time. Discounts begin the first of the following month after you volunteer and are not available on alcohol, newspapers or stamps.
1. Sign up for a Member Worker Orientation:
All Member Workers must attend an orientation and be at least 16 years old before participating in City Market's Member Worker Program. Click on the link below and you will be re-directed to Eventbrite.
2. Sign up for Member Work (only after you have attended an Orientation):
To sign up for work outside of the store, check out our Community Outreach Partners page and contact the organization directly.
Attention, City Market Member Workers!
As you may have read in Pat Burns' recent article and in our recent Transitions in Member Work article, City Market will be sunsetting our in-store Member Worker program, where it duplicates the work of paid staff, and will continue to grow the Member Worker opportunities we already offer out in the community with our Outreach Partners. To get ready for this transition, we suspended Member Worker trainings for Bulk, Grocery, or Produce. Our next step in this process will be to stop offering Member Work shifts in Produce and the Front End as of January 1, 2015. We will no longer offer Member Work shifts in Grocery and Bulk as of February 1, 2015. In preparation, we are adding more Outreach Member Worker opportunities and more Community Outreach Partners. Thank you for helping us use this program to make an even bigger impact in our community! Contact Liz Dykes in Member Services with any questions at 861-9707 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For in-store work, click on the links below and you will be re-directed to VolunteerSpot. For information on how to use the online sign up system, go here.
- When doing in-store Member Work, you must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Parking in the City Market lot is not available for those attending orientation or completing Member Work. If needed, please use the free 2-hour parking available at the Burlington City parking garages, located on Bank Street and Cherry Street.
- You will receive an email confirming your in-store shift, which will allow you to cancel if necessary. Please cancel shifts or trainings at least 24 hours in advance through the website or by calling Liz at 802-861-9707.
- Member Worker Program Guidelines are available here.