As a Member-owned business, we are guided by our Ends Policy (our Mission Statement) and the Co-op principles. We take pride in supporting our local food system, ensuring our shoppers have access to progressive environmental, social and healthful choices and providing outstanding customer service to our shoppers. Our employees receive excellent pay and a variety of benefits.
If you’re interested in working for a company that truly supports local, values its employees and takes pride in a progressive work environment, you may be a good addition to the City Market team!
General Manager Search
We are seeking a General Manager to lead our ongoing efforts to provide healthy food to our customers, support the development of local agriculture, provide great customer service and make City Market a great place to work. Candidates should have a strong retail background, demonstrated project management skills, and a record of success in growing organizations. Leadership experience in cooperatives, community development, marketing, membership development, the food industry, and local agriculture desirable. Please view the full position description, and if interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Frank Sadowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 15, 2015.
Here's a list of our open positions
A few of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (100% of premiums covered for full-time staff; 75% of premiums covered for part-time staff)
- Dental and Vision Care
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including medical, dependent care, and parking reimbursement accounts
- 401(k) with 6% employer match and full vesting after three years
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental insurances: whole life and accident
- City Market charge account
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year to start
- Mass transit and bicycle transit reimbursement
- Store discounts
- Fitness Center discounts
- Anniversary gift