2015 Board of Directors Elections
City Market, Onion River Co-op's Board of Directors consists of nine members, elected from the general Membership. Elections are held annually and Directors serve for a term of three years.
Applications for candidates interested in running for a seat on the Board for the 2016-2018 term were due on Friday, September 4, 2015.
Voting is easy!
The voting period runs from Thursday, October 1 through Wednesday, October 21.
1. Visit s.coop/vote2015 or use the link on our website to access your ballot.
2. Your username is your Member number. Your Member number is listed on the address portion of this flyer. If you are using the Member number from the back of your Member card, remember to only use the last 4 or 5 digits after the zeroes and drop the final digit as it’s just a “check digit”.
3. Your password is the first initial of your first name and your entire last name (all in lowercase). If your last name is hyphenated or includes an apostrophe, please leave them out. For example, if your name was “Co-op Member-Worker”, your password would be “cmemberworker.”
4. The online ballot includes the candidates’ pictures and their full candidate statements (in random order). You can also find this information on our website (s.coop/election2015) and in this brochure. This is the third year of our new rating system that shows you which learning opportunities each candidate completed. Review the information inside this flyer for more details.
5. Please vote for no more than 3 candidates. Once you’ve completed voting, you will be issued a confirmation receipt from the Simply Voting system. Candidates will be chosen by simple majority, so the 3 candidates receiving the most votes will be elected.
If you have any questions about voting, please contact:
• Allison (861-9750 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or
• Liz (861-9707 or email@example.com)
Please note: Your Membership must be active and your equity current in order to vote for Board Members
City Market, Onion River Co-op Board of Directors' candidates must:
- Be a City Market/Onion River Co-op Member in good standing. Any household member wanting to run for the Board must purchase Equity under their own Membership by September 4, 2015.
- Be 18 years of age as of September 4, 2015.
- State all potential conflicts of interest on application and must not have an overriding conflict of interest.
In an effort to better educate new candidates about Board work, the Board asked candidates to complete a list of optional preparedness activities. The color coded onions corresponding to the preparedness activities each candidate completed appear under the candidates name. Current Board Members are listed as incumbents. The checklist of activities is as follows:
- Attended an orientation (blue onion)
- Read materials related to Policy Governance (yellow onion)
- Reviewed a Board packet from a prior meeting (purple onion)
- Attended a Board meeting (red onion)
- Talked with a current Board Member (black onion)
Thank you for casting your vote in October and participating in Co-op Governance!