Change for Local Non-Profits
|Total Bags Reused:|
City Market previously offered 5 cents back to customers for each bag they reused. In a survey of our members, respondents overwhelmingly agreed that rather than giving this money back to shoppers, we could all have a larger community impact by sharing the change with our local non-profits. Starting July 1, 2011, we began designating a local non-profit to receive the bag refunds each month.
Established in 2009, the Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival (LCCMF) presents the finest classical chamber music during an end-of-summer Festival at various locations around the Burlington area. In addition, two concerts are presented in collaboration with the Flynn Center at the FlynnSpace, and a Winter Encore concert occurs in January. Their mission is to inspire and nurture a lifelong appreciation for classical music throughout the community, with a focus on providing opportunities for enrichment to people of all ages and levels of musical experience. The Festival presents world-class performers in a series of concerts, engages a range of audiences, and provides meaningful experiences for aspiring young musicians, composers, and educators. It aims to make chamber music accessible to the musically literate, as well as those who might not otherwise experience it in performance. In addition, LCCMF is committed to supporting the arts environment in the Lake Champlain region. It welcomes partnerships and collaborations with other area organizations and seeks to contribute to the health and growth of chamber music on a local and national level.
During the month of December, the LCCMF is giving away a pair of tickets to their winter concert on Wednesday, January 22 at 7:30pm at St. Michael's College--keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details!
- November 2013: Community Health Centers of Burlington
- October 2013: Slow Food Vermont
- September 2013: WARMTH
- August 2013: DREAM
- July 2013: Vermont Performing Arts League
- June 2013: Community Sailing Center
- May 2013: RU12? Community Center
- April 2013: 350Vermont
- March 2013: Women Helping Battered Women
- February 2013: HomeShare Vermont
- January 2013: Burlington Chamber Orchestra
- December 2012: Vermont and New Hampshire Valley American Red Cross
- November 2012: Spectrum Youth & Family Services
- October 2012: The Burlington School Food Project
- September 2012: Friends of Burlington Gardens & the Vermont Community Garden Network
- August 2012: Green Mountain Club
- July 2012: Burlington Meals on Wheels
- June 2012: NOFA-VT’s Farm Share Program
- May 2012: Mobius
- April 2012: Parallel Justice
- March 2012: Linking Learning to Life
- February 2012: Vermont Youth Orchestra
- January 2012: CVOEO’s WARMTH Program
- December 2011: Peace & Justice Center
- November 2011: Vermont Works for Women
- October 2011: Sustainable Schools Project
- September 2011: Vermont Disaster Relief Fund
- August 2011: SEABA (South End Arts & Business Association)
- July 2011: Local Motion
Do you run a local non-profit that aligns with our Global Ends?
Your organization can apply to participate in the Change for Local Non-Profits program. We are currently filling slots 2 years out. Visit our donations page to learn how to apply.