We ♥ Local Food Contest
It’s that time of year again for our annual We ♥ Local Food Contest! This year, we’re switching it up to highlight the array of local food items available in our stores all month long. We’re inviting you to show us how you eat local in the winter months! Each week during February, we’ll have a different theme (see schedule below) with in-store demos with local vendors featuring local produce, dairy, beverages, and pantry staples.
Week 1: February 1-7 (Produce)
Week 2: February 8-14 (Dairy)
Week 3: February 15-21 (Beverages)
Week 4: February 22-29 (Staples)
We’ll be challenging you to submit photos and stories telling us how you eat local and why it matters to you! Online, we’ll be hosting an Instagram contest inviting our community to share photos by tagging us @citymarketcoop and using the hashtag #weheartlocalcitymarket during each themed week of the contest. At the end of each week, we’ll select a winner to receive a prize package of local items valued at $50!
In-store, we’ll have submission boxes set up at each of our scheduled demos (see schedule below) and a form at our Customer Service kiosk inviting our customers to share why they love local. Just like online, we’ll choose an in-store winner at the end of the week.
At the end of the month, we’ll invite you to vote for your favorite submissions to be selected for the grand prize: a $50 gift card to City Market and a prize from Kiss the Cook.
- Week 1: Whip up an easy side dish with our roasted roots prep kit full of local veggies!
- Week 2: Stock your fridge with a delicious variety of local dairy products!
- Week 3: Warm up with VT coffee and chai, then sip your way through a variety of refreshing local VT beverages. Refill your own new kombucha bottle and City Market tumbler!
- Week 4: Fill your pantry with a variety of local staples from our shelves and Bulk department!
- Grand Prize: City Market Gift Card & Prize from Kiss the Cook
The Fine Print
To enter online: you must follow @citymarketcoop and tag us in all your We ♥ Local Food Contest photos to be eligible. One winner from the previous week will be selected and notified on the following Monday by noon. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administrated by or associated with Instagram.
Check Out Our In-Store We Love Local Demo Schedule:
Week 1 Produce Demos:
- Tuesday, February 4th (12-2pm) in both stores: Local apples from Champlain Orchards
- Wednesday, February 5th (11am-1pm) in both stores: Mashed sweet potatoes from Laughing Child Farm
- Thursday, February 6th (11am-1pm) in both stores: Coleslaw with local cabbage from Full Moon Farm and carrots from River Berry Farm
Week 2 Dairy Demos:
- Sunday, February 9th (11am-2pm) South End: Rogers Farmstead milk and yogurt
- Tuesday, February 11th (11am-1pm) Downtown: Ploughgate Creamery butter
- Tuesday, February 11th (11am-1pm) South End: Lake Champlain Chocolates hot cocoa
- Wednesday, February 12th (11am-1pm) South End: Ploughgate Creamery butter
- Wednesday, February 12th (11am-1pm) Downtown: Lake Champlain Chocolates hot cocoa
- Thursday, February 13th (12-3pm) Downtown: Rogers Farmstead milk and yogurt
- Thursday, February 13th (3-6pm) South End: Orb Weaver Farm cheese
Week 3 Beverage Demos:
- Sunday, February 16th (11am-1:30pm) South End: Trētap sparkling tree water
- Sunday, February 16th (2:30-4pm) Downtown: Trētap sparkling tree water
- Wednesday, February 19th (10am-1pm) Downtown: 802 Coffee
- Friday, February 21st (10am-1pm) South End: 802 Coffee
Week 4 Staples Demos:
- Monday, February 24th (11am-2pm) South End: Vermont Tortilla Co.
- Friday, February 28th (11am-2pm) Downtown: Vermont Tortilla Co.
Need some Local Recipe inspiration?
Check out our favorite recipes: