|Source: Recipe submitted by Joan Palmer|
|Prep time: 45 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 1 1/4 hours|
This recipe was submitted by a City Market member during our Gluten-Free Cooking Series.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Grate the cheese (you should have approximately 2 cups). Set aside.
3. Place butter in the bowl of a mixer and beat until creamy. Add egg, salt, and pepper. Beat until blended.
4. Beat in cheese one-third at a time until combined. Stir in flours and zanthan gum until thoroughly blended.
5. Work the dough into a ball. If dough doesn't stick together, add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a ball can be formed. Don't worry about over working. The sticks can be firm.
6. Divide dough, rolling half at a time between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap to form a 7x14 inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with a pastry wheel into 1/2 x 7-inch strips and place on baking sheets.
7. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, until deep golden. Let cool on rack and store airtight up to a week.